Pursuant to Florida Statute Chapter 501, persons who engage in sale, lease, or rental of consumer goods or services with a purchase price in excess of $25.00 which includes all interest, service charges, finance charges, postage, freight, insurance and service or handling charges, whether under single or multiple contracts made pursuant to an installment contract, a loan agreement, other evidence of indebtedness, or a cash transaction or other consumer credit transaction are required to obtain a Home Solicitation Sale Permit.
Please refer to F.S. 501.022(1)(b) for those individuals who are exempt or excluded from the permit requirement.
The applicant needs to appear in person and will need the following:
- A completed and sworn Home Solicitation Sale Permit application
- Valid Photo Identification:
- Driver License
- State-issued ID
- Two recent 2 x2 photos - the photos can be taken at the Clerk's Office
- An ORI Number that can be obtained at www.myfloridalicense.com
- Fingerprints, which are obtained at the Hardee County Sheriff's Office
The Fees are as Follows:
- Clerk of Courts' Application Fee - $100.00
- Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Fingerprint Processing/Background Check - $24.00 - money order or check made payable to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Hardee County Sheriff's Office fingerprinting fee (this is a variable fee) - must remit a credit or debit card as payment
Once the application has been processed by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) and the Hardee County Sheriff's Office, the Clerk of Courts will be notified within 60 days of any criminal justice information. If the investigation reveals no grounds for denial, the Clerk shall issue a Home Solicitation Sale Permit. The permit is valid for a period of one year.
Every permit holder shall carry the permit and certificate required at all times while engaged in home solicitation sales and shall display the permit to all prospective buyers before initiating the solicitation of a sale, lease, or rental pursuant to F.S. 501.022(8).
For all additional questions, please refer to F.S. Chapter 501 or contact the Hardee County Clerk of Courts at 863-773-4174 ext. 7227 or by email email@example.com.